Halo 4

Go down

Halo 4

Post by #1SithLord on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:26 pm

As you may or may not know, I'm a massive Halo fan. I did some research on the upcoming Halo 4 (which I'm extreemly excited about) and this was leaked from someone over at Bungie.net. This guy had some loose lips and leaked the following [UNCONFIRMED] rumors:

“Halo 4 returns players to the story of the Master Chief and Cortana in the events that follow the conclusion of Halo 3. Players will experience an all new story and introduce a new roster of enemies and weapons to the Halo experience. Set against the top secret Forerunner planetoid known to ONI as Sigma 7, players will encounter a dark new foe and unravel more of the mysteries behind the forerunners and the Office of Naval Intelligence.

At the heart of Halo 4 is a stronger focus than ever before behind story telling and player choice. Players will be offered an unprecedented level of customization and a narrative experience never before seen in a first person shooter. On a technical level Halo 4 pushes the boundaries of the action genre by incorporating larger battlefields than ever before and players will experience conflicts that seamlessly span land, sea and space.

Halo 4 will expand the series trademark arsenal of weapons and vehicles beyond any other title so far. Players can expect fan favorites to return along with new additions. Halo 4 will also feature the revolutionary new Arsenal Improvisation Mechanics that allow for menu-free, creative customization of weapons and vehicles in the heat of combat. Players will take their fight to a new level by dynamically tailoring their weapons and vehicles to suit any situations or enemies.”

At the moment it seems 343 are focusing on the new and improved story and weapons system (of which the new AIM mechanic is only mysteriously alluded to) but there was some video shown that fills in some of the gaps. Halo 4 is set on a Forerunner planet that has an inner and outer surface that provides two distinct styles. The outside is very industrial and features a wide range of hostile Forerunner tech and AI. The video showed space combat here. The inside of the planetoid is hollow and is sectioned off in to many tiers/bands (almost resembling Halo rings) that feature a myriad of natural environments not only resembling earth’s but many other alien terrains. The video featured combat across a multitude of environments from space to mountains, plains and oceans. Presumably, ONI had been top secretly researching the planet for some. There are UNSC forces on the planet but they look really degraded and disorganized and it was implied that they may be divided into factions and warring with each other. At one point we see a heavily modified warthog that has had the wheels replaced two kind of anti gravity devices. At another point the Chief is clearly sprinting which possibly implies a return of armor abilities. There was no sign of the Flood or the Covenant but at the very end of the trailer the ‘dark new threat’ was hinted at. The video ends with the Chief standing at a dark cave entrance and from within can be heard some menacing gurgling and grunting. Cortana says “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time”, the Master chief then readies a new weapon that looks like a cross between a rocket launcher and a Needler and it focuses on his helmet and visor and a number of strange digital effects ripple across his visor then the videos ends."

Personally, if these rumors are at least somewhat true, then I'm very excited for the new Halo. I look forward to this game so very much!!!!
#1SithLord
Administration

View user profile http://revolution.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo 4

Post by Kori Buor on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Very Happy Laughing Razz

Gawd I hope this is true. Haha. bounce
Kori Buor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Like I said, even if it was at least somehwat true, we all have a lot to look forward to. I suspect that 343 will offer a much more personal story than previous games and offer an unparalleled storyline and gaming experience. Based on books and games, I can expect the following storyline elements (if they maintain continueity):

-Cortana possibly entering Rampancy and the plot leading up to it.
-Exploration of the character, emotion, and personality of MasterChief.
-New Revelations about the Forerunners, The Flood, and the Precursors.
-Possible conspiracies concerning the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI)
-The reveal of this 'dark,new threat.'
-Exploration of this Shield World, similar to how MC and Cortana unraveled the mysteries of Halo.
-State of Humanity and the Covenant relative to the time.

Also, if the rumors are true, we could even more epic battles. Overshadowing the sheer epic size of things as seen in various parts of Halo 3 and Reach.
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by PUDDI on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Well here's the thing that may have set all this in motion:

In the ages before the Halo rings were ignited, humanity was an interstellar empire that warred against the Forerunner. Better yet, was that the San'shyuum were allied with humanity, but the Forerunner managed to break the alliance. When humanity made its last stand, they did so on a Precursor world, and found something the Precursors themselves feared.

It's heavily implied that the humans found a way to release the thing they found, since the Forerunner that ventured there later on found evidence of tampering and an escape.

Oh, humanity single handedly fought off the Flood, the Forerunner, and the traitorous San'shyuum for a time. And we defeated the Flood.
PUDDI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Damn! what book is that in? I just thought the Forerunners fought with the precursors.
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE HEAR THESE THINGS?! Suspect
Kori Buor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Oh Yeah, John Williams is composing the music for Halo: Combat Evovled Anniversary.

WIN
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Holy crap, I just read the short version of Halo: Cryptum and wow, what a bunch of stupid ideas! I mean really? Humans had an intersteller empire 10,000 years before the halo activation? WTF? that's retarded.

I think the original story of the Forerunners discoverying all the current species (elites, humans, brutes, etc.) and sacrificing themselves to destroy the flood so that the young species could survive is a much better story.

Cryptum is just going into stupid fantasy now and undermines the significance of the Human-Covenant War/Halo Event we are used to.
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 am

Wait seriously? Where did you read that?
Kori Buor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Cryptum

There's the link.

This is just as worse as them reintroducing the Sith after Anikan, the supposed 'Chosen One', was supposed to destroy them once and for all. Way to undermine the movie saga.
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Kori Buor on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:28 pm

LAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Evil or Very Mad

Who the fuck is letting these idiots come up with these ideas?
Kori Buor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by #1SithLord on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

DIK

I thought it was really dumb. The Forerunners are supposed to be these noble, wise, ancient, and technology superior civilization that fought the the Flood (of origins are unknown). They realize that their destruction is ultimately inevitable and decide to sacrifice themselves so that other species in the Galaxy could survive against the flood and be united.

However, their sacrifice was in vain as exampled by the human-covenant war.
#1SithLord
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum