The Sanctity of the Temple

Go down

The Sanctity of the Temple

Post by JokerHound on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Master Uriel Kelevra stood stipped to the waist, dripping sweat. he had been training for hours. His opponents circled him, their training sabers pulsing as they circled him. The three knights were good opponents, their youthful energy forcing him to push himself past the limits a 38 year old should have.

master uriel Kelevra stood with a wide stance, weilding two practice sabers. Over the past three years he had familiarized himself with the Jar'Kai form of lightsaber combat, and he was now almost as accustomed to it as he was with the Juyo or Ataru forms.

Blitzoken Kallacs, or "Blitz" as the other Jedi affectionately knew him, was the first to lunge. His strikes came fast and strong, but Uriel kept him at bay with one saber.

Baysingh Cloudrun, a petite female Twi'lek, launched her attack. Her double bladed saber was just a blur, but Uriel's years of experience and lightning fast relfexes let him keep her at bay with the other saber.

Kaiser Satus, a human knight, thought he finally had the Jedi weapon master where he wanted him. As his friends attacked from the front and the Master was distracted he lunged at his back. Suddenly, Kelevra was in the air, performing a quick backflip and landing behind the shocked knight. He slashed the training saber across Kaiser's back and spun to his left, smacking Baysingh's saber downward and slashing across her face, dropper her to the ground as well. Blitz charged the master, swinging wildly, but a skillful flick of Uriel's wrist sent his saber flying across the training chamber. In seconds both blades were at his neck.

The Nautolan looked confused for a moment before he smiled and started laughing.

"I really thought we had you that time!" he said through his chuckles, "We have been trying to beat you for two years now Master Kelevra, you're starting to hurt our self-esteem!"

The crowd that usually formed to watch the trio challenge Master Kelevra began to disperse as he deactivated the sabers.

Uriel laughed as well as the other two knights got to their feet, the momentary immobilization caused by the training saber wearing off.

"Well, you're starting to get closer" Uriel said reassuringly

"Yeah right!" shouted Baysingh. "You have been in here all day training and the three of us are fresh. You shold be exhausted. It seems like every time we get any better you just get twice as good as you were before!"

Uriel laughed again. "I've also been alive almost twice as long as most of you, so there is that."

"Exactly," said Kaiser, "You're an old man and you still slap us around the cage like younglings. I am 22 years old. I am supposed to be at my physical prime and you just moved so fast that i didn't know you were gone until you his me!"

Master Kelevra smirked and shrugged. "Take this as a lesson then."

"And what lesson is that?" asked Blitz.

"Sometimes old men will slap you around the cage like younglings." he replied.
JokerHound

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sanctity of the Temple

Post by JokerHound on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 pm

The knights all laughed and bid the master farewell. They all had assignments to prepare for, unlike Uriel. He hadn't been sent to the field for almost a year now. The council had grown accustomed to his new attitude, and though many didn't like it, Grandmaster Avadaa appreciated his point of view, giving the council a balance from the many pacifist voices.

Many said, (behind his back of course, though he knew full well what they thought) that he had become more of a Grey Jedi since his master and apprentice had died. He didn't necessarily disagree with them. The way of peace was good as an ideal, but it was impractical. The galaxy needed men and women of action.

The council had ceased dispatching him when they needed a negotiator. He had begun to become more firm in his debates, unwilling to compromise in the slightest to those he deemed to be in the wrong. He had since been sent only when the Council needed to speak with a blade.

So Master Uriel Kelevra had resigned himself to spend his days in the place he had always felt most at home. In the training cages he could practice and perfect his techniques, and prepare the knights of the order to face the danger he knew was still out there somewhere.

Though the council had deemed it an Isolated incident, Uriel knew better. Whatever took the time to acquire the power to kill two mighty Jedi like his friends did not do it merely to amuse itself. Soemthing was out there planning to strike, and Uriel intended to be ready when it did.

his pleas to the council and the senate when largely ignored, even with the influential voice of his good friend Senator Demeter of Corellia backing him.

Uriel wiped the sweat from his face and headed to the shower room. He had spent five hours in the training cages today. It was a short session for him, but he had to attend a council meeting earlier in the day. More freighters were being lost in the outer rim, in the same area his friends had been killed. He had again pushed to have a sizable group of Jedi sent to investigate, but the council had again decided not to act. It was decided to send a small group of jedi would be to rick thier safety, but the problem was not large enough to justify calling for Aid from the military or sending a cadre of Jedi.

Uriel had known they would shoot down his course of action, like they did every time this matter came up, but he would never cease to argue his point. To Uriel, the fact that the fight was probably futile just meant he should fight even harder to make sure that they remembered what he said.

After showering Uriel got dressed and headed to the memorial chamber. He stood silently in front of the names carved in the white marble wall. All of the Jedi whose names adorned these walls were Heroes, but he was there for two in particular. The names of his former master and his apprentice were listed right next to eachother on the wall. He stood in silence for a long time before he whispered a promise to the memories of his old firends.

"I will find who did this to you and make them pay," he said. "I promise"

Little did he know, his chance for justice would come much sooner than he could have imagined.
JokerHound

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum